- Small tour group with private coach – 15 to 25 guests.
This is half the size of most tour groups. It keeps us flexible, comfortable and feeling more like friends and less like cattle.
- Full-time driver and full time tour guide / leader
You will enjoy the personality and professionalism of you full-time coach driver, Danny, from Donegal. He will be with you for the duration of the tour driving a comfortable motorcoach that will be your for the duration of the tour. Additionally, you will have a full-time tour guide/ leader for with you from the start to end. The tour guide for this tour is Mindie Burgoyne (owner of Thin Places Mystical Tours).
- More than one night stay in hotels.
Except for the first and last nights, you won’t have the stress of packing and toting all your gear to get to the next place. We spend 3 nights in Sligo, 2 in Westport and 2 in Galway and 2 in Dingle.
- Flexible schedule – we don’t rush.
We don’t rush. We leave around 9 am in the morning and we’re back by 5 or 6 pm every day. We have four group dinners, but the evenings are yours to spend as you wish. And on days when we’re overnighting at the same hotel, you can bow out of that day’s activities if you wish, and do what you want in whatever vibrant town we happen to be in.
- Airport Transfers
Transfer from Shannon Airport to Old Ground Hotel on May 19th and Trasfer to Shannon Airport on May 30th is included. All other airport transfers must be incurred at the guest’s expense. Coach fare from Dublin Airport to Old Ground hotel (for those who would rather fly into Dublin) is about 20 EUR on Dublin Coach. It takes about 3 hours and 45 minutes. It’s a comfortable ride and easy to nap after the transatlantic flight.
- 11 nights – Stay in 3 and 4 star hotels in major city centres.
- 4 dinners, 11 breakfasts
Breakfast at the hotel is included for every morning of the tour starting May 20th.
Welcome dinner at the Old Ground Hotel on day one.
2 midweek dinners at the Westport Coast Hotel and Riverside Hotel.
Farewell dinner at the Clarion Hotel in Limerick on final night.
- PRIVATE GUIDES – 6 expert private guides for various excursions:
- Admissions, transportation & costs related to over 20 group excursions
No need to suffer the stress of driving on remote roadways and finding your way to these many of these sites – many hidden in the landscape. Your transportation admissions are covered on these group events:
- Glenstal Abbey Icon Chapel
- Coole Park
- Thoor Ballylee
- Knock Shrine
- Slieve League
- Glencolmcille (several sites in the glen)
- Inishmurray (island tour)
- Drumcliffe (Yeats’ grave)
- Carrowmore Megalithic Cemetery
- Moyne Abbey
- Down Patrick Head
- Croagh Patrick – Famine Memorial and Murrisk Abbey
- Stone of Boheh
- Connemara – (half a dozen sites on this tour)
- The Burren (4 sites on this tour)
- Slea Head
- Gallarus Oratory
- Blasket Heritage Centre
- Folk Concert in Dingle
- Lough Gur
- Grange Stone Circle
- Alumni Discount
Guests who have been on a previous Thin Places Tours receive a $50 discount for every Thin Places tour they’ve been on prior to 2015. Many of our guests are repeats.
- Free stuff
Themed tote bag with dowsing rods, maps and other goodies.
LINKS for more information
- Western Edges Itinerary
- What’s Included in the Western Edges Tour?
- Reservations and Tour Specifics
- Why Thin Places tours are different
- Tour FAQs
- What our Guests say
- Books to read before traveling to Ireland